Earning Your Trust With Skilled Legal Guidance
Luisa M. White
- Lead Lawyer
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
Luisa is an attorney practicing primarily in the areas of civil litigation, criminal defense, and family law. She is admitted to practice in the State of Indiana (2013); the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana (2013); and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana (2013).
Luisa was born in Morristown, New Jersey, and grew up in The Woodlands, Texas. She attended Purdue University as an undergraduate and continued her education at Valparaiso University where she obtained a Masters in Psychology and a Juris Doctor in 2012.
Luisa began her career volunteering for District 4 Pro Bono Corporation and Indiana Legal Services, Inc. in Lafayette, Indiana where she was awarded the "Pro Bono Attorney of the Year" in 2013. Luisa was then hired to manage and direct Wabash Valley Volunteer Attorneys, Inc., a Pro Bono corporation managed by the Indiana Bar Foundation, where Luisa single-handedly operated legal aid programs in 8 Indiana counties that provided legal services to the indigent population. In 2014, Luisa went on to private practice when she joined Raquet, Vandenbosch & Steele, in Kokomo, Indiana as an Associate where she represented many individuals in the areas of Criminal Law, Family Law, and Civil Litigation. In 2016 she was hired as Deputy Public Defender for Howard County where she provided legal assistance to individuals with limited resources and was invited to join Gambs Mucker & Bauman in Lafayette, Indiana where her work focused mostly on Civil Litigation, Family Law, and Criminal Law. Luisa is now an independent practitioner dedicated to providing personalized legal services while building strong, long-term attorney-client relationships.
Luisa is fluent in Spanish and works closely with Hispanic communities all over Indiana assisting them with various civil and criminal matters that affect their immigration status.
Luisa believes in a strong work ethic and puts her clients first, listens to them, and finds effective resolutions to their legal issues.
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana
- Juris Doctor - 2012
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- B.A. - 2008
- Major: Psychology
- Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, Indiana
- M.A. - 2012
- Major: Psychology
- Indiana, 2013
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2013
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2013
- Legal Aid Corp. of Tippecanoe County, Executive Director
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Tippecanoe County Bar Association, Member
- Association Of Women Business Owners, Member, 2021, Member
- Greater Lafayette Commerce, Member, 2021
- Latino Center for Wellness and Education, Board Member, 2020
- Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, 2013
- Greater Lafayette Commerce, Member, 2021 to 2021
- Latino Center For Wellness And Education, Board Member, 2020 to 2020
- District 4 Pro Bono Corporation, Volunteer
- Wabash Valley Volunteer Attorneys, Inc.
- Pro Bono Plan Administrator for Wabash Valley Volunteer Attorney, 2013 - 2014
- Howard County, Deputy Public Defender, 2016 - 2020
- Gambs Mucker & Bauman, 2016 - 2017
- Raquet, Vandenbosch & Steele, Associate, 2014 - 2016